Our five hospitals include services in different specialties with over 1000 physicians and 1200 in patient beds . Each facility is composed of both adult and pediatric in patient and out patient services . Surgical services are also available at our five hospitals and also at our out patient surgery centers for minor surgeries, US Board Certified Anesthesiologists are available at our surgical areas including pediatric anesthesiologists .
See below our specialized services and ancillary services available within HIMA Health’s Facilities.
Ancillary Services :
Ambulance Services- for more information call our call center 24/7
Our facilities have full radiology services with state of the art of equipment and specialized technology to facilitate diagnostic services to our Centers of Excellence .
- X Rays and Digital Radiology
- CT Scans- technology up to 320 slices
- Cardiac CTA
- MRI-1.5T and 3T
- Bone Densitometry
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Internal Medicine
- ENT – Ear, Nose and Throat
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Respiratory Intensive Care Unit
- Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
- EUS- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Dedicated Floor- HIMA-San Pablo Bayamon
The Voice and Swallowing Center of Puerto Rico provides the following services:
- Laryngeal Videostroboscopy
- Visualization of the larynx and vocal cords function.
- Diagnosis, Treatment and Surgery of Malignant and Benign Vocal Fold Disease
- Diagnosis and Treatment of voice and swallowing disorders in ALS, Parkinson’s, Myasthenia Gravis and Spasmodic Dysphonia patients.
- In office BOTOX injections of the vocal folds.
- Laryngeal Electromyography
- Evaluation of the neuromuscular system in the larynx by recording action potentials generated in the laryngeal muscles during voluntary and involuntary contraction.
- Awake laser treatment of laryngeal disease
- Vocal fold injections and Medialization Thyroplasty
- Management of paralyzed vocal fold
- Dilation of Subglottic Stenosis
- Tracheal Resection and Reconstruction
- Diagnosis, Treatment and Surgery of Swallowing Disorders
- Modified Barium Swallow
- Dynamic imaging of the larynx to assess swallowing function.
- Endoscopic Zenker’s Diverticulum Resection
- Laser myotomy of Cricopharyngeal Hypertrophy
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery and Microvascular Reconstruction
- Trans-Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Oral Cancer Surgery performed using robotic technology
- Laryngeal Videostroboscopy
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgery Oncology
- Burn Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Spine Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Inpatient after surgery care
- Outpatients Services
- Extended Rehabilitation Facility – HIMA-San Pablo Cupey
The nuclear medicine department is composed of various gamma cameras including a SPECT/ CT and an additional PET CT. They offer diagnostic and therapeutic studies for adult and pediatric patients .
- Cardiovascular System including MUGA and Sestamibi scans
- Gastrointestinal System including HIDA scan
- Skeletal System– Bone Scan
- Infectious Diseases
- Oncology Studies – Gallium, Octreoscan, MIBG, Sentinel Node , Radioembolization , among others
- Urinary System
- Pulmonary System
- Endocrine System
- Extremities Imaging
- PET CT
- Preventive and Non-Invasive Procedures
- Minimal invasive surgery for benign and malignant gynecologic conditions
- DaVinci® robotic gynecological surgery
- Gynecology Oncology Procedures
- Radiotherapy (IMRT-Intensity Moduled Radiotherapy, IGRT-Image Guided Radiotherapy, VMAT-Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy y HDR-High Dose Rate Brachytherapy – Iridium 192)
- Fibroid embolization (minimally invasive treatment)
The HIMA•San Pablo Fertility Clinic is run by Dr. José R. Cruz Díaz. Dr. Cruz is the only doctor in Puerto Rico with a subspecialty in infertility and Board Certified in Andrology and Embryology , he also received certification as “Embryology Laboratory Director (ELD)” by “American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB)”. At present Dr. Cruz is Professor and Medical Director of the Division of reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the Department of obstetrics and Gynecology of the school of Medicine of the University of Puerto Rico.
- In-vitro fertilization
- Intrauterine sperm insemination
- Hyperstimulation of ovaries
- Semen cryopreservation
- Sperm bank
- Semen analysis
- Artificial insemination